BRAC has recently published a job circular for Centre Coordinating Officer, BRAC Kumon Limited.
Centre Coordinating Officer, BRAC Kumon Limited
Location: BRAC Kumon Uttara Center
Last Date of Application: August 31, 2022
BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
Centre Coordinating Officer supports the Center Instructor and Marking Assistants. CO instructs in a variety of instructional and center management tasks. Job responsibilities are assigned by the Center Instructor and/or Assistant Instructors based upon the needs of each center. This position requires administrative tasks, also daily and prompt communication with existing and interested parents in Kumon.
- Working closely with Instructor to develop and understand lesson plan and goals for each student in order to properly administer instruction individually.
- Communicating with students and parents during class-time, addressing student and parental needs, professionally, quickly, and quietly.
- Collect & record Tuition Fees & Enrolment fees in accounting system (Tally, fees collection report etc.)
- Preparing and submit various reports (Revenue, Student list, Fees collection etc.)
- Working efficiently and effectively with one or two younger or new Kumon students at a time to provide instruction through the utilization of the Kumon Method and worksheets.
- Ensuring proper study habits and best Kumon practices in the center and assist the parents to understand the Kumon method.
- Individualizing strategies for student development based on student goals and communication with Instructor.
- Booking center appointments (new enrolment, consultation, etc)
- Maintaining Petty cash and other maintenance of the center with constant liaison with BKL operations team.
- Attaining all center phone calls & conduct calls as per CIT (client information tracker)
- Relaying messages and Parental concerns to the Instructor or Assistant Instructor in a timely manner.
- Preparing student files, assisting young students to find their folders.
- Assisting with marketing initiatives and retention events (ex: student awards, goal-setting parties
- Supporting customer service issues as they arise.
- Maintaining phone calls for revenue collections (tuition fees, enrolment fees, etc.)
- Assist with the monthly target of subject count (continuing, resumption, new enrolment, etc.)
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Outgoing and service-oriented personality
- Energetic & proactive (e.g. the ability to work well under pressure & multitask)
- Punctual, well organized & reliable
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills
- Must be focused, diligent, and enjoy working with children of all ages (3 – 14)
- Must be respectful and polite; show professionalism, punctuality, and a willingness to learn
Bachelor in any discipline from any reputed public/ private university with minimum of CGPA 2.5 and above. Bachelor’s in Mathematics/Business/CSE or other science subject will be given preference
Minimum 1 years’ of experience in relevant field will be given preference. Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health and life Insurance and others.
BRAC believes that everyone we work with including our staff, programme participants, partners and the community have the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We uphold human dignity and inclusion for all, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability, ethnic origin or socio-economic condition. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from gender- diverse individuals and people with disabilities. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular