Sr. Officer, Budget & Grants Management, Social Empowerment and Legal Protection (SELP) (Contractual) at BRAC
The leading NGO in Bnagladesh, BRAC has recently published a job circular for Sr. Officer, Budget & Grants Management, Social Empowerment and Legal Protection (SELP) (Contractual).
Location: Head OfficeDate Posted: August 23, 2022Last Date of Application: August 30, 2022
BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
Right Here Right Now (RHRN) is a five-year programme and global strategic partnership that is active in ten countries, and BRAC is the lead organization for the Bangladesh Coalition. The programme envisions that young people in all their diversity enjoy their sexual and reproductive health and rights in gender-just societies.
Respective position will be responsible for ensuring the financial aspects of project implementation as per donor and audit compliance. He/she will support in quality financial reporting for donor and NGOAB, sub-grantee monitor, ensure smooth project operations and fund flow management, meet internal and external audit requirements.
- Regular monitoring of the project budget and provide updates on any indications of shortfalls or excess within the budget
- Monitor and guide to the coalition partners following Rutgers and BRAC financial manual
- Ensure proper financial and accounting treatment and spot checking of the budget expenditures
- Follow-up and address all financial issues identified through audit and monitoring through field visits to project areas
- Ensure and monitor proper book-keeping and compliance issues at field offices
- Day-to-day communication and troubleshooting with field accounts officers, project staff and coalition partners
- Capacity building for project staff on financial know-how issues
- Responsible for the project audit as of requirements by the donor and NGOAB
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual expenditure report for the coalition partners
- Respond to queries from Finance and Accounts with support from project staff
- Attend internal budget meetings, accounts department meetings, monitoring meetings, internal and external audit meetings
- Support coalition partners regarding any budgetary issues
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key course of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote, encourage and endorse the safeguarding policy and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent English and Bangla (written and oral) communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Must be comfortable using technology such as Skype for liaising with international partners and donors.
- Knowledge of how to create, manage and monitor budgets and financial obligations of an NGO program is required
- Theoretical understanding on sexual and reproductive health rights is preferred
- Work under pressure, meet deadline and carry out project results to showcase
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage workload efficiently
- Must be able to coordinate amongst the coalition partners
Masters in any discipline preferably in Accounting and Finance from any recognized university
Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field
Festival Bonus, Health and Life Insurance and others
Last Date of Application: August 30, 2022
Job Source: BRAC Career