Officer- M&E at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (The Federation) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The Federation has been working with Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 35 years and also with other Participating National Societies in humanitarian fields mainly disaster response and management, cyclone preparedness, disaster relief, recovery & rehabilitation, Health, community based disaster preparedness, risk reduction and mitigation, etc.
The German Red Cross, member of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflict, disaster and people affected by social or health-related crisis. The Red Cross Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance exclusive of discrimination of nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross intervenes in disaster preparedness, response and rehabilitation, health, social and environmental as well as capacity building projects in cooperation with international sister organisations within the movement. German Red Cross (GRC) is working in Bangladesh under the integration agreement with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Bangladesh Delegation. German Red Cross of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Bangladesh Delegation is searching for an experienced “Officer- M&E” (male/female)for their Cox’sBazar Office. The duration of the contract is initially planned for Six months with possible extension.
The Officer – M&E has the responsibility to oversee the implementation and monitoring of all activities of the project, reporting and M&E supervision of Project field staff such as Project Managers and Officers. In close coordination and consultation with its BDRCS counterpart, Project Delegates and Programme Coordinator, the Officer M&E will ensure adherence to GRC, IFRC and BDRCS standards, policies and regulations. The Officer-M&E is responsible for developing a monitoring and evaluation plan for the project, monitor monthly progress, supervision and implementation of the project M&E activities, and consolidation and reporting of overall GRC CXB accomplishments accordingly with the highest standards of service, quality of financial and administrative management, and accountability, thus contributing to the overall efficient and effective running of the projects.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a Monitoring & Evaluation framework, M&E Plan, and tools to collect data and effectively manage such system in coordination with IFRC and BDRCS counterpart and under the supervision of the Project Delegate / Programme Coordinator
- Manage the collection of relevant data and information for monitoring and evaluation, working with project staffs, partner organisations and local stakeholders to ensure the required data is collected on time and to a high standard and develop monitoring reports.
- Ensure that project staffs are trained on monitoring tools and data collection techniques/ methodology (e.g., paper surveys, or electronic surveys such as Kobo, ODK, etc.)
- Validate through observation and field visits information received from the team and partners to ensure high levels of accuracy and clarity in data collection. Take into consideration how to assess potential impact of project interventions on project recipients, including vulnerable people.
- Undertake M&E data consolidation, computation and analysis to support project requirements and needs.
- Conduct periodic monitoring and review visits and provide internal lessons learnt and good practices to the project team that contributes to good knowledge management system.
- Assist in monitoring project activities, and to assess whether outputs and outcomes are meeting targets. This will require assessment of progress against deliverables specified in log frames.
- Prepare overall GRC CXB reports for submission to BDRCS and IFRC, and maintain records (reports, photos, etc.), and support in the preparation of project donor reports
- Ensure regular and effective coordination with BDRCS and IFRC M&E counterparts, and regularly participate in internal M&E coordination meetings;
- Use data sources (quantitative and qualitative) to assess project progress and support optimization of programme delivery, in conjunction with line manager
- Support in monitoring and supervise technical interventions to ensure implementation according to agreed standards and within budget and take appropriate remedial action if/when standards are not being met;
- Coordinate and support implementation of KAP surveys, Baseline, mid-term and endline Surveys of the project.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports and technical overviews as needed and submit to GRC, IFRC or BDRCS, as and when required.
- Co-responsible for the implementation and tracking of project activities at camps, wards / school level in line with defined action and work plan and in very close coordination with BDRCS HQ/ Units; Organizing workshops, meetings / sessions, trainings, rallies, awareness raising and competitions, etc. at ward / school level along with BDRCS, GRC, IFRC
- In collaboration with the project partners, develop and implement mechanisms to monitor, report and evaluate project performance, according work plans and project targets;
- Effectively participate in coordination meetings, and working groups as directed by the Project Delegate / Senior Representative.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with GRC and donor policies and procedures;
- Perform any other job that might deemed necessary by the management;
Specific duties and responsibilities in HR/Admin matters:
- Monitoring of staff leave balances;
- Ensure timely submission of HR forms (leave, medical reimbursements, etc.);
- Dissemination of HR/Admin rules and ensure compliance of staff;
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Support human resource personal to process documentation (recruitments, appraisals, Contract, JD and other require activities)
- Facilitate and communicate HR related concerns of staff to Programme Coordinator and Senior Officer- HR & Admin GRC Dhaka
Duties Applicable to All Staff:
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with project colleagues and partners;
- Ensure effective working relationships with BDRCS and IFRC personnel and leadership;
- Ensure effective working relationships with involved BDRCS PMO Departments (e.g. PMER, HR/Admin, WASH, DRR, Shelter, etc.);
Educational attainment and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Development Planning, Disaster Management, or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field;
- Knowledge of M&E framework, Tools, data collection and report writing. Previous similar work experience will be preferred;
Skill & Knowledge:
- Capacity to working under pressure;
- Excellent knowledge in excel and writing skill and monitoring and learning tools;
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good understanding of the global organization;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide authoritative advice;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks;
- Fluently spoken and written English;
- Ability to understand and work with Government Law/Ministries;
- Able to travel always and within short notice, work outside normal working hours as the situation requires and under stressful working condition
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team;
- Ability to understand and work with Government Law/Ministries
- Willingness and ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent team player and gender sensitive;
- Integrity and high standards of personal conduct;
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply;
Interested applicants should submit their current resume (mentioning expected salary) and a cover letter (justifying why you are suitable for the position) to “The Senior Representative, German Red Cross Office Dhaka, 684-686, Bara Mogh Bazar, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh” or send through email to [email protected] with the subject line: RESUME_Name_M&E latest by 22nd of June 2022 (Wednesday) at 12.00 hours. (Incomplete application will not be considered)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer