Program Officer – M&E at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
|Position||:||Program Officer – M&E|
|Number of position(s)||:||01|
|Duration of the contract||:||1 Year|
|Reporting to||:||Program Manager or designate|
American Red Cross, Bangladesh Delegation (PNS) of The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking a Program Officer – M&E to support the American Red Cross Bangladesh Delegation office in Dhaka.
Providing support to the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and Cyclone Preparedness Programme (CPP) program teams in implementing activities in all aspects and ensuring good program quality by conducting regularly monitoring and evaluating the ongoing process. The incumbent will work closely with Program Manager, Head of Programs, and Country Representative and collaborate closely with BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross program team in all the program locations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Officer-M&E (Dhaka level with frequent field visit) will provide essential support to BDRCS/CPP/IFRC in implementing/facilitating/documenting disaster preparedness works in all of its program locations. The key responsibilities will be to provide implementation and documentation support to the program team of BDRCS and CPP at the local level to improve accountability and support to address the needs of community populations in line with BDRCS/CPP mandates and procedures. The position will be responsible for the coordination of field activities and engagements with communities and supervision of field activities as per instructions provided by BDRCS/CPP/IFRC teams.
The incumbent is expected to maintain a respectful, courteous, accountable and transparent working relationship with the community members and all members of the BDRCS, CPP, IFRC and partners’ offices.
- To assist BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross in documentation of case studies, stories, visibility, etc. and to assist in profiling good practices and lessons learned
- To ensure Climate Change Adaptation, locally-led nature-based solutions, climate and disaster-induced displacement, and related aspects are included in program implementation, designing and reporting
- To assist BDRCS and CPP teams to develop periodic reports
- To assist BDRCS, CPP, IFRC and AmRC technical teams to design and conduct risk reduction interventions and develop and follow up on risk reduction action plans
- To prepare and update program monitoring and evaluation tool, such as: Logical Framework, Theory of Change, Indicator Tracking Table (ITT)
- To support the program team and external consultants during program evaluation, by reviewing the questionnaire, methodology, draft report etc.
- Develop communication materials in coordination with program team and BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross communications team
- Assist in coordinating, monitoring, developing/updating proposals and plan of action, strategies, reporting and all other aspects of the Coastal Disaster Risk Management program
- Providing technical input/support to the BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross in the implementation and successful delivery of program activities to attain the program purpose and goals
- Assist BDRCS’ Coastal Disaster Risk Management program team for any requirement as per demand of the program
- Provide support to maintain liaison and coordination with other stakeholders and Government and other relevant DRR agencies
- Conduct field visits as assigned and conduct monitoring visits to relevant coastal DRR activity sites in the field
- To maintain a regular flow of information on the program to the BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross program team
- Support the information management of the American Red Cross/BDRCS for the program
- To assist in the training of the BDRCS Unit/program staff on program related matters like narrative reporting, program preparation, implementation and management.
- To facilitate the process of IEC materials development and dissemination, evaluation at field level.
- To assist BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross to design/organize/participate in planning training, workshops, meetings, etc. and assist in preparation of meeting minutes, workshop proceedings and documentation.
- To assist in interpretation in meeting, community discussions, and where necessary make translations of documents from Bangla to English and vice versa
- To organize field visits of back donor and evaluation missions in close coordination with the Program Manager, Head of Program or Country Representative
- To implement/maintain BDRCS/CPP/IFRC/American Red Cross standards practices in disaster management activities
- In the event of disaster, assist/support the Federation disaster management team in assessment, planning, implementation and coordination of relief operations as directed by American Red Cross Country Representative, Head of Program, and Program Manager
- Carry out any other program related tasks as advised by the line manager
The position will give the incumbent extensive experience in providing technical support particularly in facilitation of trainings, and implementation and monitoring of program activities. The incumbent will be required to promote equity, social inclusion and transparency at all times. The incumbent should have computer literacy. The incumbent will recognise the importance of developing and maintaining respectful relationships with colleagues, partners, all stakeholders and the target populations. At the same time, the incumbent is determined to achieve quality outputs.
The incumbent must actively work towards the achievement of the American Red Cross’s goals and must abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
The incumbent should have a positive mind-set and motivation to work with professional and committed team members.
Graduate degree in a field related to development, preferably social science and disaster management background
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience and skill in program management
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as M&E personnel at the humanitarian development sector
- Experience and skills in facilitation
- Experience in working with local communities, guest communities (camps), civil society, partners, LGIs and governments officials
- Experience of working for a humanitarian or development organisation and/or the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Experience in implementing community-based early warning, early action and climate change adaptation projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Interest and skills in supporting and contributing to staff development
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, Word, internet)
- Security awareness and regulation
- Able to influence, communicate, co-operate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organizations
Salary Range: Depends on experience
- Festival Bonus
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Provident fund
- Medical reimbursement for staff and immediate family of up to 70,000 BDT per annum.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a full CV and cover letter via e-mail on or before Wednesday, 21 September 2022. Please state your expected salary in the CV.
To apply via e-mail:
Email: [email protected]
Subject: Application for Program Officer-M&E/*your name*
Please note that this position will close on 21 September, 2022. However, IFRC reserves the right to fill the role prior to the advertisement end date. As such, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The IFRC Country Office in Bangladesh has worked alongside the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields including disaster management, with a focus on the cyclone early warning and response programme in the coastal belt, and disaster preparedness and response during natural disasters.
American Red Cross is working in Bangladesh as an integrated partner of Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and IFRC to support the humanitarian efforts of BDRCS.
JOB Source: IFRC Job Circular