Senior HR & Admin Officer at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (The Federation) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The Federation has been working with Bangladesh Red Crescent Society for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields mainly disaster response and management, cyclone preparedness, disaster relief and recovery, community-based disaster preparedness, risk reduction and mitigation, etc. The British Red Cross (BRC) works under the auspices of the Federation in Bangladesh in close cooperation with the BDRCS.
The British Red Cross (BRC) helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of the global network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters, and emergencies. We enable vulnerable people to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help them to recover and move on with their lives.
We are part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest independent humanitarian network and are committed to, and bound by, its fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
BRC is one of the longest-term partners of BDRCS, having been in-country supporting bilateral programs since 2006 in the areas of early recovery and integrated resilience programming. BRC is also a major contributor to multi-lateral response mechanisms in country. Our team is composed of Delegates and national staff working closely with BDRCS to deliver programs in Dhaka, Barisal and Teknaf.
Position: Senior HR & Admin Officer
Duration: 12 Months
No. of position: 1 (one)
Our Principles and Values
Our values (compassionate, courageous, inclusive and dynamic) underpin everything we do. As a member of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the British Red Cross is committed to, and bound by, its fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Overall, Purpose of the Post
The post of the Senior HR and Administrative Officer is a mid-level position within our team and is responsible for providing high quality administrative and programmatic support to BRC projects and programmes in Bangladesh.
This position will be part of the BRC Bangladesh team, and we are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, knowledgeable individual with sound practical judgement.
The HR and Admin Officer is responsible for the employee life cycle management of all BRC national Staff The post will also work closely with BRC UK Officer HR to support Delegates’ HR file management. The HR and Admin Officer is also responsible for all administrative function of the BRC Country Office. The post holder is required to maintain a strong collaborative relationship with IFRC, BRC UK Officer HR and BDRCS.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruitment and Selection
- Facilitate the full recruitment process for all BRC National Staff positions in Bangladesh
- Coordinate with IFRC in Bangladesh for the issuance of offer letters, contract letters for selected candidates.
- Maintain a database of budgeted positions viz-a-viz current status, number of vacant positions and work towards providing suitable manpower for vacant positions.
- Get directions from BRC Managers about new positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implement them
- Work closely with BRC UK Office HR counterparts to identify recruitment support necessary for Delegates’ recruitment. Implement the support required as directed and agreed with BRC Country Manager.
- Support in the recruitment of BDRCS project staff and provide observations / feedback to BRC Project Manager
2. Onboarding and Induction
- Responsible for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new employees.
- Ensure that induction plan is signed off and filed in the personal file of all employees
3. Attendance and Leave Management
- Maintain and update BRC staff leave records / files. Share the summary to Country Manager every month.
- Maintain database/record of staff whereabouts, staff status as part of COVID19 protocols
- Maintain and submit on a monthly basis to IFRC, absence report as per IFRC recommended format
4. Salary processing / Payroll
- Prepare Payroll sheet for all staffs including calculation of overtime payments for drivers, transport allowance and share to finance every month
- Prepare festival bonus sheet for all staff as needed
- Ensure hospital insurance and group insurance is in place for all staff. Support staff accessing medical facilities by liaising with Insurance Company
5. Staff Data Management
- Maintain contact register of staffs and delegates of BRC country office and share the updated list of BRC staffs to IFRC (for IFRC staff database/contact list and SOSC)
- Ensure staff data of all Bangladesh staff is updated in UK Office working closely with BRC HR Adviser on updating information in the BRC UKO systems.
- Update and maintain contact details (telephone, mobile no., e-mail and address lists) of all BRC National staff, Delegates and BDRCS Project Staff regularly.
- Manage the office BRC office rotation plan and data of temperature recognition devices
6. Learning and Development
- Ensure all staff completes mandatory courses providing support to staff members to complete the said courses. Extend support and monitoring on the completion of mandatory courses by BDRCS staff directly engaged in BRC supported programs.
- Consolidate Personal Development Plan of staff in Bangladesh and work closely with Learning and Development Team in UKO to support implementation of Personal Development Plans.
- Maintain a record of course completion certificates
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
7. HR Compliance Management
- Participate and provide inputs in consultations related to HR policies and regulations
- Ensure staff are aware of HR regulations and policies
- Flag any discrepancies and or unclarity in HR regulations and or processes seeking advice to address these issues.
- Ensure all documentation requirements from both IFRC and BRC are completed as part of HR processes carried out in-country
- Manage all administrative aspects of Dhaka office and support project field offices as necessary
- Facilitate all travel arrangement of all staff members including Delegates and BDRCS counterparts if and when needed. This includes hotel bookings, transportation arrangement, invitation letters (for international visitors to Bangladesh), visa requirements (for staff travelling internationally), arranging pick-up and drop-off
- Work closely with IFRC counterparts to facilitate the issuance and or renewal of Visa for Delegates and their family members
- Ensure payments to suppliers for travel and office administration are done on a timely manner
- Make arrangements for meetings, workshops and training courses, seminars as assigned by the Programme Manager & BRC country Manager.
- Update and maintain organizational structure and visitor’s log regularly.
- Provide welcome pack/ induction packs and other necessary documents to visitors prior to their arrival to country.
- Set up security briefing from IFRC for visitors coming to Bangladesh.
- Ensure office maintenance protocol is followed and maintained. Supervise the work of cleaner to ensure that the office is always kept clean and pleasant.
- Arrange for any maintenance work that needs to be carried out in the office
9. Communications and relationship management
- Support in team cohesion and maintaining good team environment.
- Communicate with different stakeholders independently and organize events.
- Maintain good communication with BRC UKO, IFRC Bangladesh, BDRCS HR and other PNS’s HR
- Act as an active member of the BRC ISO network
- Act as safeguarding focal person, recognize, respond and report any safeguarding concerns on behalf of the BRC Bangladesh Country office
Duties Applicable to All Staff
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by line manager and Country Manager.
At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the right people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of, age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Diversity is something we celebrate, and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment, and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness. You can read more about our commitment to diversity on our website.
|Post-Graduation on Human Resource from Reputed Public University (or equivalent) preferably MBA on Human Resource||✓|
|At least 5 years relevant working experience in the area of Human Resource & Administration with any national or international development partnersEffective verbal and written communication skills.Ability to work independently and to take initiative in a diverse environmentProven ability to collaborate effectively across different teams and culture, strong relationship building skills and service-oriented attitudeStrong administrative and organisational skillsProven ability to multi-task and keep track of several projects running in parallelAdvanced computer and IT skills, including literacy in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and OutlookEvidence of the practice of a high level of confidentialityExperience of compiling agreements, TORs, meeting minutes, brochures, factsheets, and reports||✓|
|Experience or knowledge of Bangladesh Human Resources LawExperience working with the Red Cross or INGO’s||✓|
|Good knowledge of social-, welfare- and protection-structures, national legislation, practices and procedures in BangladeshDemonstrates a willingness and an ability to develop own capability and knowledge by seeking and acting on feedback and updating knowledge and skills to improve performancePro-actively works across boundaries and hierarchies. Pro-actively works across boundaries to raise or solve issuesDemonstrates an ability to build a shared understanding by communicating openly and honestly, responding appropriately and giving explanationsAbility to multi-task and work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines.Ensures inclusive practice and promotes diversity||✓|
|Professionalism, Communications, Facilitation skills, Collaboration and teamwork, National Society and customer relations, Building alliances, Accountability, Creativity and innovation||✓|
|Fluently spoken and written English & Bangla.||✓|
In order to be shortlisted for interview, you need to meet the essential criteria as outlined above.
N.B. All disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria (ü) will be short-listed for interview in line with our commitment to the Disability Confident Scheme
This job description and person specification may be subject to change as a result of operational requirements.
- Last date of application is 04 September 2022 on or before 5:00 p.m.
- Candidates who don’t have Post Graduation or equivalent qualification and Experience on relevant field need not to apply.
- Only suitable and qualified candidates are invited to apply with their detailed CV and Cover Letter justifying your suitability to: Country Manager, British Red Cross By email at: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer
JOB Source: IFRC Job Circular