Medical Assistant at Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS)
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society has published a job circular for the position of Medical Assistant.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 48 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position under Population Movement Operation (PMO), Cox’s Bazar:
|Job title||:||Medical Assistant|
|Duration of contract||:||Until 31/10/2022 (with possibility of extension)|
|Organizational Unit/ Department||:||Health|
|Salary Range||:||Consolidated 49,500/-|
|Number of Post||:||01|
|Reporting line||:||Medical Officer|
|Age Limit||:||45 years (may be relaxed in case of outstanding candidates)|
|Duty station||:||Health Post,PMO, Cox’s Bazar|
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist during medical examinations, helps in triage/screening area.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary if required.
- Medical assistants must be able to put patients at ease and explain doctor’s instructions and questions about specific medical testing and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures, complying with Bangladeshi legal regulations and those pertinent to the health facilities.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and leading the in-charge know when certain equipment or supplies need to be re-stocked, repaired or replaced.
- Assist & give priority to vulnerable group of people (women, children, disable etc.) if required.
- Provide beneficiary-friendly services.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Assist & guide clinic staff on maintaining IPC (Infection, Prevention & Control) protocol according to the standard guideline (Government/WHO etc.)
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; and notifying when any equipment is malfunctioning.
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Attend Camp level meetings/ trainings if applicable.
- Assist Facility In-charge/doctor on preparing monthly internal & external report.
- Ensure daily/weekly submission of KOBO/DHIS2/EWARS report in coordination with reporting person.
- Ability to communicate courteously & work as part of a diverse team, with strong leadership/guidance skills
- Capacity to multi-task and follow up on various supervising plans
- Knowledge of the local community & ability to interact with people at all levels
- Visit nearby community household if required & will involve in patient referral to other facilities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Dispenser must have a valid certificate of Diploma from “Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh”.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years of experience.
- Must know Chittagoniyan language.
- Must have report writing skills.
- Experience at a development/humanitarian projects/programs/ Rohingya camp is preferred.
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Excel and able to develop comprehensive databases) preferred
- Fluent in spoken & written English is preferred.
Skills & abilities:
- Good Computer skills
- Organization and coordination skills
- Sound knowledge in subject area
- Fluent in English and Bangla.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act always in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Able to work in a team and respects opinions of others
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international, local emergencies or major disasters
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your application through BDJobs Online System on or before 5:00 pm, 12 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer