Officer – Admin and Logistics at Swisscontact – Bangladesh
Swisscontact is inviting applications from professionals, willing to be a part of the Country Office Business Administration Team, will assist with the administrative and logistics procedures of Swisscontact Bangladesh
|Reports to:||Coordinator-Business Administration|
|Employment start:||At the earliest|
|Contract duration:||Initial contract of one year; based on performance, the contract will be extended|
|Place of work:||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Internal Office Meeting (Refreshment / Snacks arrangement)
- External Official Events: Venue Selection, Food Arrangement (Lunch, Snacks, Dinner), banner printing through a competitive procurement process
- Assist in internal employee engagement and knowledge sharing events
- Explore hotels and venues in Swisscontact’s operational areas, enlist them as potential vendors and make corporate agreements with reasonable price.
- Update the quarterly gift register with confirmation from all staff.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of office canteen.
- Manage the stock of crockeries and manage crockeries procurement
- Travel Management including booking of accommodation and air ticketing (both national and international)
- Receive and record all incoming correspondence/invoices
- Dispatch all forms of external correspondences
- Assist in soliciting quotations and procuring office supplies
- Maintain a filing system of all relevant documents and records
- Supervise office support staff
- Manage and maintain office supplies and stationeries store.
- Check, process and settle the following regular bills of vendors:
- Official T&T and mobile phone
- Drinking water
Repair and maintenance of office building, furniture, and equipment
- Initiate and monitor repair & maintenance for office building, furniture & equipment.
- Ensure smooth and uninterrupted utility services.
- Initiate building refurbishment works for office if required.
- Ensure cleanliness of Swisscontact property and premises.
- Ensure proper servicing and maintenance for all office and electric/electronic equipment (photocopy machine, fax machine, scanner, air conditioner, microwave, refrigerator, PABX, T& T line etc.)
- Ensure utility bills are paid on time.
- Liaise with landlord and negotiate lease (Dhaka office & Field office)
- Manage drivers and vehicles.
- Maintain a box filing system for each vehicle and motorbike that stores all information (vehicle/motorbike purchase, insurance & registration documents along with all interventions on the vehicle/motorbike which will include servicing/repairs and accidents reports, log sheets and other relevant documents).
- Ensure drivers have an up to date and driving license.
- Participate in driver recruitment.
- Brief drivers periodically on vehicle management & road safety issues
- Track vehicle registration, fitness and insurance and ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure insurance of Vehicles.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out the tasks of other BA team members as and when someone is on leave.
- Conduct any other task assigned by the Manager-Finance and Administration and/or Head of Business Administration.
- Support the tasks of other team members
- Any other task as mutually agreed by supervisor and the employee
Skills and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s in any discipline, preferably in Business Administration.
- At Least 2 years’ experience with focus in Administration, office management and logistics management in an NGO and/or INGO;
- Sound working knowledge in computer applications such as MS Office, Outlook, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla.
- Works independently but a team player.
- Proficient in written and oral communication skills both in Bangla and English and communicates clearly with internal and external stakeholder(s).
- Operates effectively under stress.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Possesses problem-solving skills and solution oriented.
Working Conditions and Environment
This will be applicable according to the Swisscontact Finance and Operations Manual. The position requires to travel in field locations for partner/subcontractor monitoring.
Please email your CV along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and expected salary) to [email protected] addressing Head of Business Administration, Swisscontact Bangladesh.
Please mention the name of the position applied to in the “subject” line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 20 June 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women to apply.
Job Source: Bdjob Circular