ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Project Manager.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
|Project||:||GVB Humanitarian Response Project, funded by UNFPA|
|Unit/Priority||:||Women Rights and Gender Equity|
|Location of posting||:||Dhaka, with regular community visit|
|Types of contract||:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Duration of Contract||:||Up to 31 December 2022 (but have a high possibility of extension depending on donor fund availability)|
|Salary and benefits||:||Competitive Salary package will be offered to the deserving candidate with other admissible benefits such as medical benefits, mobile & internet allowance and group life insurance etc|
The position requires a clear understanding of (GBViE Gender-Based Violence in Emergency) in Bangladesh, experience in a rights-based approach and the ability to analyze social and legal aspects of VAW (Violence Against Women), existing laws and policies and international instruments with training facilitation skill as well as the ability to facilitate local level network at District and Upazila level. In addition, S/he will work with national and international networks and platforms to advocate ActionAid Bangladesh’s position on Gender-Based Violence in Emergencies.
The humanitarian response project is being implemented by Action Aid Bangladesh (AAB) funded by UNFPA Bangladesh. AAB is implementing this project in 4 (four) disaster-prone districts which are Jamalpur, Kurigram, Satkhira and Khulna. The interventions are mostly contributed to Strengthening Gender-based Violence (GBV) prevention and lifesaving responses for women and girls through an integrated GBV and A/SRHR approach in natural disaster-prone areas. Through implementing this project ActionAid Bangladesh will reach the output :
- GBV risk mitigation measures contribute to positive changes in reported perceptions of safety and risks;
- Lifesaving integrated GBV/SRH services are available and accessible to women and girls;
- Women and girls access quality PSS (including case management services).
AAB is conducting local-level Information dissemination and observing national and international days for mass awareness in coordination with GO-NGO partners at both the national and district level, training on lifesaving integrated SRH/GBV intervention during emergencies, case management and PSS for GBV & Non-GBV Actors aiming to ensure lifesaving GBV services for women and girls, developing trainers pool at the district level, community outreach and awareness interventions and humanitarian response in terms of protection. It is being implemented in close collaboration with UNFPA’s other projects as well as the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs (MoWCA) and the Ministry of Disaster Management & Relief (MoDMR)
Key responsibilities include (are not limited to)
- Ensure project goals and impact are achieved through effective and efficient project management.
- Develop annual and quarterly work plan, and budget; update the project description and activity plans and coordinate with the relevant stakeholders and implement in coordination with the donor.
- Provide strong leadership, encourage, support, coach, and mentor the project team, ensuring
- capacity is built and appropriate results are attained.
- Provide strategic inputs on the monitoring, evaluation and learning report of the project for AAB annual report and donor reporting.
- As a budget holder of the project s/he will monitor budget management, and ensure the activities as per financial and programme activity plan.
- Closely work with the finance focal for budget management and preparing donor reports.
- Ensure and monitor the allocation of resources most efficiently and cost-effectively while aiming for the highest quality of implementation.
- Monitor on a monthly basis actual expenditure and compare them with the implementation model, and budget requirements, and review the budget if needed with the Finance team and other stakeholders who are implementing the project
- Ensure compliance with AAB Finance policy and other relevant policies of AAB
Networking and Advocacy:
- Develop a working relationship with internal/external stakeholders of AAB.
- Develop strategic relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders at the Local, District and National levels.
- Establish adequate referral linkage of project target groups with the appropriate service providers, policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate local level Networks to address GBV in the humanitarian setting as a policy advocacy issue
Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other programme reports and document in time aligning with project design and donor requirements.
- Develop reports as and when required.
- Maintain database management in Horizon for Project as per requirement.
- Capture evidence of good practices on regular basis.
Team Building & team management:
- Maintain interpersonal communication in team and Organisation.
- Strengthening team members’ capacity.
- Planning, supervision & periodic appraisal of the team members.
- Knowledge and capacity building of the team members.
- Provide strategic support to the project partners, and also ensure operational support if necessary.
- Support strategic partners to implement the programme with the theory of change of HRBA.
- Prepare ToR and ensure formalities for hiring external consultants. S/he also closely work with the external consultant to get better output as desired.
- Ensure audit in partners for effective financial management.
- Capacity building for partner organisations on Women’s Rights issues
The person who holds this position will be reportable to the Manager – Women Rights & Gender Equity of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he will closely work with organisation’s strategic and operational priorities. S/he will work with the respective local government office in coordination with the project partners.
Required Educational Qualification and Experiences
- Post-Graduation degree in Social Science or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience. Working experience in project management, community and organisations focused on women along with adolescent issues is preferable.
- Ability to promote and mainstream gender base violence agenda.
- Capacity to analyse the gap and ambiguity of laws, and policies of the SVAW programme.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
- Good understanding of research, advocacy and campaigns.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Should be gender sensitive and familiar with Human Rights Based Approach.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Thursday, 25 August 2022.