Internship : UNHRC
Internship in Communications Unit at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Unit at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has published a job circular for the position of Internship in Communications Unit.
Position Number : 1
Location : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Position Grade : N/A
Type Of Contract : Internship
Application Deadline : Apr 17, 2022
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 70 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
The communications unit is responsible of informing, explaining, engaging, and mobilizing audiences in support of refugees. The team promotes positive attitudes towards people forced to flee by working with national and international media, producing content for various social media platforms and international outlets. The Public Information unit requires an intern to support the daily tasks, and mainly help cover the needs related to the design of graphic products.
The incumbent will be supervised by the Communication / PI Officer. S/he will have experience possess editing skills, mostly for social media usage, and preferably also in taking photographs/videos. The person must have good digital design skills to prepare branded documents, such as posters, flyers, factsheets, and social media posts. The position requires experience producing content for social media, as the person will support the communication team to enhance the reach of UNHCR social media accounts. S/he will be capable of multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team.
An understanding of English is required. Also, as the incumbent will be working closely with refugees, knowledge of the Rohingya language would be considered an asset.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.Responsibilities:
- Support in the development of content for social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Web) and monitoring of social networks.
- Support the design and production of graphic and audiovisual material (videos, brochures, infographics, diptychs, triptychs, factsheets, reports, etc).
- Support the area to expand information on UNHCR in Bangladesh, as well as raise awareness regarding refugees.
- Support the monitoring of media
- Recent graduate or student in the last semesters of Audiovisual Communication, Graphic Design, Advertising, or other relevant studies
- Advanced level of management of graphic design and editing programs (Adobe, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Advanced level in video editing and production
- Experience using and understanding social media networks
- Excellent interpersonal relationships, teamwork capacity, responsibility and discipline, high degree of confidentiality, training in values, conduct, and ethical principles that allow them to maintain impartiality and interact appropriately with international/national officials, maintaining Respect for different cultures and ideologies.
Accountability and Authority:
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Recent graduates (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current students in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.Remuneration:
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation, and living expenses.
Read Before Apply
Before applying to Jobs, Please login your account first and make sure you have completed and updated your online resume and signed ↓ PHF Form. In case if you have more than three experiences, please complete ↓ Supplementary Sheet as well.
Closing Date: 17th April 2022.
Job Source: UNHRC Career